here is the pre-release of the upcoming version of RealityCapture. We had been working really hard to deliver this - the biggest update so far - with many new features, new workflows and fixes. Here you can find the complete change log:
- New selections experience - we have added some long-awaited tools.
- New map view experience - now you can see the physical location of your creation!
- New control points experience - add control points (CPs) in a fraction of time!
- Added possibility to activate license for all users of the same computer
- Added map view
- D&D of ortho projections to the map view - NOW you can display one or more ortho projections in the map.
- Imported ground control points (GCPs) and Camera (GPS) priors are displayed in the map view. No alignment needed.
- Aligned cameras are displayed in the map view.
- Hot/selected works on all objects in the map view - hover over the GCP or a camera in the map view to see its position on a model. Also, select GCPs to see which cameras have registered it.
- Distance constraints can be defined between CPs in the map view.
- Distance constraints are visible in the map & ortho & 3D view.
- Added a new ortho sampling tool
- Possibility to export sampled points into xyz point-clouds
- CPs and constraints are shown in orthographic projections
- Ortho volume and surface drawn in the ortho panel
New CPs experience:
- You can now add control points through the 3D view
- After placement, suggested measurements are created automatically
- Zoom both in the 3D and 2D view with the mouse wheel during 3D control point editing
- Images are rotated, zoomed, and scaled automatically in 2D, when placing CPs in 3D to match the 3D view and the cursor (all 2D views in the current layout are used)
- User can navigate among images of the currently selected CPs using the up and down arrows
- Suggested and confirmed measurements are displayed in 3D as CPs to camera lines on CP hot/selection and during their placement
- Clear Suggested Measurements button added
- Reset Suggested Measurements button added
- Suggest Control Point Measurements button added - if you place 3+ GCPs and press update to geo-reference your project, then you can use this button to autosuggest measurements for all other GCPs
- D&D control point measurement to view opens the associated image
- And more
Reporting system (BETA):
- Possibility to export Basic, Component and Ortho Reports
- Fully customizable reports based on a scripting system
- Basic documentation included in the Help
Selections on models:
- Lasso, Rect and Box selection tools added
- Added advanced selection tools, like selection by edge length
- Added expand selection possibility - now you are able to select a component part and expand the selection to the whole object
- Invert selection command added
- Possibility to create a reconstruction region from a selection
Model processing & tools' improvements:
- Much higher quality model computation (zero: non-manifolds & holes)
- Out-of-core simplification algorithm - NOW you can simplify a model of any size to any number of triangles regardless of your computer memory
- Improved simplification quality (no holes & preserved marginal triangles)
- Added possibility to threshold new edge length, e.g. to simplify to maximal 3 mm edge
- Added model topology cleaning possibility
- Added holes closing possibility
- Added model topology inspection possibility
- Added a new strong smoothing type
- Simplification, smoothing, holes closing, ortho-projection now works on selections
- Filtering and smoothing - NOW preserves texturing!
New CLI commands:
- Full-text search possibility
- Many new topics for new features & updates
- The reconstruction region is now created automatically always after alignment
- New undistort/export image formats, like EXR half-float etc.
- Added tooltips and descriptions
- Distance can be measured in the 3D view by two clicks
- The default unwrap algorithm changed from legacy to the new
- The default texture resolution changed everywhere from 16384x16384 to 8192x8192
- Fixed stalled depth-map calculation at around 73%
- Fixed wrong unwrap and texturing after scaling
- Fixed numerical instability in texturing (earth-size registrations)
- New simplify algorithm fails with large projects
- Fixed the problem with the same image names in different directories when opening a project, i.e. when you use RealityCapture JUST AS A VIEWER
- Fixes of black blocks of textures & texture mixing in the Sweet model view
- Sketchfab upload bug fix
- Fixed the red error occurring sometimes during unwrapping
- Fixed the CLI execution break (white 3D view) that occurred in special cases
- Fixed missing ABGR and ARGB formats in EXR
- Grammar fixes & help experience fixes
- Several UI fixes for: clipping box, ortho photo, CP workflow etc.
- Fixed unwrap self-intersection
- Many other minor fixes