We do not recommend using the ultra wide-angle lens for photogrammetry in RC, because even though in the specifications of the lens may be written “zero distortion lens”, it does not refer to the perspective distortion of an ultra wide-angle. The stretches on the sides of the image and compressions near the middle can cause bad alignment results. Therefore we recommend using lens above 20mm focal length on a Full Frame sensor.
Articles in this section
- OS and hardware requirements
- How to find answers
- Dataset samples
- Direct upload to Sketchfab
- Problems opening a PPI project on another computer
- Files stored by RealityCapture
- I see an empty space in my texture, what is it and why is it there?
- Can I use ultra wide angle lens images for RealityCapture?
- RealityCapture on virtual machines
- Contact form issues