RealityCapture Assistant or second screen enables you to scan a dataset with your Smartphone and send data directly to RealityCapture, where the model is being aligned in Real-time.
On the screen of your phone, you are able to see the camera positions and thus to see whether you have sufficient overlap and coverage of the captured photos.
You may connect multiple phones to one project in RealityCapture and capture the data in parallel.
To access this brand - new feature click on Real-time Assistance in the application ribbon, in the workflow section.
Scan the QR code which appears and you are paired with RealityCapture and are able to scan with your phone. This feature is currently limited to your local network. Meaning, both your phone and computer must be on the same Wi-Fi and network VLAN. This feature is working only with ENTERPRISE licenses and perpetual ENTERPRISE license with active maintenance.
- Connect to the same network where is your PC using Wi-Fi with your device
Note: Please add port 8000 to your firewall if you are experiencing any issues with connectivity
- Launch the virtual assistance app in RealityCapture
- Pair your device by reading the QR code (when you click on the QR code without your mouse on your PC Real-time Assistance will open in your default web browser)
- Start capturing images by clicking on the camera icon or add images from other cameras or other location in your PC
- Captured images are automatically transferred to RealityCapture on your PC
- Get instant feedback on which camera positions are missing to create an accurate model with an automatic align images feature
Also, you can watch the video, how to do it:
Full release notes of RealityCapture 1.1.1
Download RealityCapture (PPI) for FREE here
Try it yourself with free sample datasets
Follow us on:
I was wondering why the automatic alignment of images does not occur. The app only uploads the images. Am I missing some steps?
Any help is appreciated!