In the new release is also option for contours creation. To use the Contours tool for the contours creation, you must have created an ortho projection first.
Contours tool panel:
This tool can be found in 2D / TOOLS / Tools / Contours.
Before contours creation, you can set some parameters in 1Ds Contour tool window:
- Pixel type - you can choose between Altitude or Depth
- Layer – you can choose DSM or DTM if it is created
- Interval - vertical spacing between contours (in Units if projection is georeferenced)
- Minimum - altitude or depth of the first contour
- Maximum - upper bound for altitude or depth
- Difference between Maximum and Minimum values does not have to be divisible by Interval
- Initial values in Minimum and Maximum should match minimum and maximum values which are shown on range tool for input depth map
Created contours are then visible on the ortho projection. If the contours are too dense to be displayed, then is displayed for example every fifth line. Also, there are labels with the contour’s height and each 5th contour is highlighted.
This tool can be found in 2D / TOOLS / Export / Contours
You can export the contours in two different formats: FBX or Shapefile.
During export, you can specify the export parameters details:
- Export projection parameters file - if yes, it exports rcortho file for the projection used for generating exported contours
- Contours set identifier - pre-filled with shown contours set or first set if there is no shown set
- Minimal length (in Units) - contour line is in exported file only if it has length at least Minimal length
- The coordinate system of the exported contours is the same as the coordinate system of the input projection.
You can find more in this video tutorial: