Sometimes it's necessary to share licenses for offline activation, for instance when a workplace or institution has very limited internet access.
I'm going to show 2 methods, firstly if the computers have no internet access at all, and then a method if the computers can get temporary internet access.
Method 1 (PCs have no internet access)
1. The team member needs to open Reality Capture and create an unlock.bin and send it to you.
this unlock.bin file is unique to the computer it is generated on, and the license made using it will only work on that PC.
2. Go to www.capturingreality.com/my and select any non activated license.
3. Scroll down to the activation section and select a duration for the activation, then click the browse button to find the unlock.bin . For the computer name you can use a custom name to remind you who has the license.
4. Click "Activate"
5. Click "Download" to download the license file, and send it to the team member
6. the team member should then open RC again and this time "browse" for the license file
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for every team member
Method 2 (PCs with occasional internet access, such as PCs for use in the field)
When using this method the PC only needs to be online when it is first activated and then it can be offline for whatever activation period is selected in step 3.
1. Go to www.capturingreality.com/my and select any non activated license.
2. Scroll down to the "Activation" section and at the bottom click on "Create token"
3. Click the small pencil if you want to change the activation period for the token
4. Copy the Activation token
5. Create a file with extension .bat that contains (replace the red token with the one generated in the step above):
"C:\Program Files\Capturing Reality\RealityCapture\RealityCapture.exe" -activate F621097E63D8D4C717F992CAC3C11101192C12ED8D72740A3229947532071A9E
6. Send the the created .bat to the team member, and tell them to run the file by double clicking it (They must be online). Alternatively, you can paste the above command into the Windows command prompt.
7. Repeat the steps 1-6 for each license.