More licence options

Completed

Comments

11 comments

  • Avatar
    Michal | CR
    Thank you for the post. There will be a Steam version very soon which will be cheaper and more limited in pro-features. Anyways, stay tuned :)
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    fred.froehlich
    +1
    Good to hear that the Steam version is not yet off the table! An Education option would be much appreciated too (great marketing opportunity ;) )
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Lucia CR
    fred.froehlich wrote:
    +1
    Good to hear that the Steam version is not yet off the table! An Education option would be much appreciated too (great marketing opportunity ;) )

    https://www.capturingreality.com/Press- ... n-Released
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/489180/

    educational licenses will also be available in the future, for sure
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Mikhail Fomenko
    What's difference between steam and usual pro version?
    Thanks!
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Lucia CR
    Mikhail Fomenko wrote:
    What's difference between steam and usual pro version?
    Thanks!

    Hello,
    RealityCapture Promo on Steam is a floating subscription-based license which requires permanent online connection.
    The Promo license at our official webpage is not floating and subscription-based, and requires online connection just during export.
    You can also buy the Promo on Steam just for a month, while at our web just for 3 months.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Tom Foster
    Is the hardware requirement different, for the Steam version - i.e. are any of the hardware-critical processes offloaded from the home computer?

    What broadband speed connection is needed? How do huge image collections get uploaded for cloud processing?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    MarioCR
    Hello Tom,

    The Steam version has the same hardware requirements, no computation is offloaded to servers and no user data is sent over the Internet. All the computation work is done on your computer.

    This version does not have high requirements for your Internet connection. Stable connection is needed to periodically verify your license.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Tom Foster
    Embarassed - not being a gamer I thought this was RealityCapture 'in the cloud'.

    But still puzzled - if
    "The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming"
    what's that to do with RealityCapture - as a tool useful to that community?

    Is the "one-month subscription plan just for 36.99 EUR" just a special offer for Steam users, or is the way of using RealityCapture via Steam different?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Lucia CR
    Tom Foster wrote:
    Embarassed - not being a gamer I thought this was RealityCapture 'in the cloud'.

    But still puzzled - if
    "The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming"
    what's that to do with RealityCapture - as a tool useful to that community?

    Is the "one-month subscription plan just for 36.99 EUR" just a special offer for Steam users, or is the way of using RealityCapture via Steam different?

    Hello Tom,
    yes, RealityCapture is also widely used in the gaming community - in the production.

    The Steam prices may vary depending on the country and their policy we can do nothing about.
    The difference between RealityCapture Promo from our official webpage and the Steam Promo is this:

    lubenko wrote:
    Mikhail Fomenko wrote:
    What's difference between steam and usual pro version?
    Thanks!

    Hello,
    RealityCapture Promo on Steam is a floating subscription-based license which requires permanent online connection.
    The Promo license at our official webpage is not floating and subscription-based, and requires online connection just during export.
    You can also buy the Promo on Steam just for a month, while at our web just for 3 months.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Tom Foster
    I still don't get it - if
    "The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming"
    what is RealityCapture doing on Steam? It's not a Game. Why would anyone want to access RC via Steam?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Lucia CR
    Tom Foster wrote:
    I still don't get it - if
    "The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming"
    what is RealityCapture doing on Steam? It's not a Game. Why would anyone want to access RC via Steam?

    https://www.capturingreality.com/Press- ... n-Released
    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.