Hi, I'd like to build a desktop pc composed of parts which would manage the running of reality capture software as smoothly as possible. Since I read a forum and came to a conclusion that a cpu might show up to be a bottleneck, I certainly do not want to ease up on spending a lot of money on it. My aim is to speed up parts of the process that rely on cpu as much as possible. We will be using max. 2500photos per set.
So I got a few questions:
1. Does more cores witch slower frequency prove to be more effective or vice versa?
2. Does algorithm RC works better with bigger L3 cache and smaller L2 cache or vice versa
3. Do you recommend Intel i9 even though the ratio of L3 and L2 cache is different compared to the i7 models ?
4. Does RAM frequency play a significant role in all this ?
5. Is there anything else I should specifically look out for when choosing components?
This is what we came up with so far:
MB: Asus ROG Rampage VI APEX
CPU: Intel Core i9-7960X
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
RAM: Kingston 64 GB 2400mhz
Please sign in to leave a comment.