Having tried out all the buttons in Alignment, now moving on. Got a few starter-questions:
1) The sparse cloud that we get with Alignment – is that all the points there’s ever going to be? i.e. not a patch on the points density we’d get from laser scanning?
2) What exactly is the next process – Reconstruction>Preview or >Normal Detail or >High Detail? It produces a gloopy white surface lacking in fine detail – is this the best undecorated surface there’s ever going to be?
3) What is it – just the sparse cloud points joined into triangles? if so what takes so long and so many huge cache temp files in Normal Detail? (this is before any Colorizing or Texturing).
4) Texturing makes it look quite crisp – is this just a visual illusion (as we read the light and shade of the applied imagery) but the true undecorated surface beneath is still as vague as ever?
5) So there’s no Reconstruction Report, equivalent to Alignment Report? What is Tools>Info Panel (for me, at present grayed out – when does it become available)?
Please sign in to leave a comment.