I am evaluating Photogrammetry softwares for a gigs, and my choice balance beetween RC and PS.
My biggest concern is manual alignment.
I will have to shoot around 50 manufacturing machine and recreate them, the problem is that :
- i will not be able to shot nice 360 turnaround of each machine.
- machines will have metallic surface
- indoor lighting conditions might not be perfect either.
- i will not be able to shoot more than 30/50 photos for each one
So to sum up, the probability of success in a photogrammetry software without manual help is 0.00. :)
So i think that my only chance is
- to place magnet tracking point on the machine
- shoot 15/20 images with the best possible parallax
- and then be able to help the software by setting 10-20 tracking points manually to help him to calculate correct position.
My goal is to then get a correct camera alignment, and when this is done feed other photos for getting better texture detail.
Is this kind of workflow is possible in RC ? or is it more something for a tracking software like PFtrack ?
Thanks for your lights !
Please sign in to leave a comment.