I tried setting up an EC2 instance for one of my coworkers to use RC. I ran into *all* sorts of problems. I'm here hoping to find a walkthrough or requirements for setting up an appropriate environment for using RC.
What I did:
- Set up a P3.2xl with the base Windows Server 2016 AMI
- Install Nvidia Tesla driver
- Tried installing 3 different VNC servers, none of them could connect
- Used TeamViewer, RC still did not run well.
I found something that said "You can also use one of the GPU AMIs from the AWS Marketplace because they provide remote access tools that support 3D acceleration." but I cannot find any Windows AMIs that mention remote tools.
So here are some specific questions
- What AMI does everyone use?
- What instance/tier is best? P or G?
- What are the required components (drivers, etc)
- What remote software do you use?
- Any special networking requirements when setting it up?
*Any* help would be greatly appreciated!
Please sign in to leave a comment.