So I have a giant model (as discussed in a separate thread) and one approach for speeding up reconstruction and texturing is to split the big one into smaller ones, then run Reconstruction on different machines in parallel and combine later.
So far I have all my images aligned in one giant component.
The plan is to export smaller components as follows:
- Select a portion of the cameras
- Export component
- Repeat for multiple regions of the model
- Import individual components as separate projects
- Reconstruct (and maybe texture)
- Stitch all the components into one model later
HOWEVER, when I import the smaller components, the orientation is all over the place, so the resulting meshes will be arranged in random positions rather than properly adjacent.
Any thoughts on dealing with this?
Please sign in to leave a comment.