Having some issues with GCPs. After reading a number of threads and trying a few different things, the GCPs don't seem to quite work out.
I'm following the instructions as outlined here: https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001577032-How-to-geo-reference-the-scene-in-RealityCapture-using-ground-control-points-faster
- Import 400 drone nadir images
- Align (this results in one comp with all the images)
- Import GCPs (below screen shot is after alignment GCP alignment)
- Choose "Set to the Project" for coordinate system
- The GCPs seem to register OK. Here is what the map view looks like:
- Place the GCPs on images. They all look like this:
- Go to RC Settings and set "Ignore GPS Exif = True" (read somewhere that it may cause issues if image GPS data is used)
- Align again
- Everything aligns, but the component is tilted and 2 of the 4 GCPs have a large error (as seen in one of the above screen shots)
- The component looks like this:
- NorthEast and NorthWest points are offset from "true ground)
Could it be that the initial alignment, before GCPs, is messing things up? The "How To" post seems to do it the same way.
Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.