I already contacted the support about my current issue and sadly, the answer I had was that I was not doing photogrammetry correctly. I've been doing photogrammetry for "only" one year and half but still, I think I had enough experience with 200 models to know how to proceed and what to avoid.
So today I did a test with my lumix gh5 and my lumix gx9, both have same sensor, same settings and same aperture/iso/shutter speed. Shooted in raw. Same lens same focal length (60mm).
I tried to do as much as possible the same pictures from same distance and angles, as it was outdoor. I ended with 408 pictures from my gh5 and 345 with my gx9.
Gh5 get 407/408 aligned while gx9 had 3 components and the bigger (as well as others) is completely messy.
Even if I made a few shots more with gh5, such a difference in these results can't only be linked to this I think.
So now I have to figure why this happens as it already cost me a lot of lost days and hours and hours of work on my computer.
I don't think/know it's software fault, might be (certainly) issue with my new camera or some hidden setting that would be different, but I must say I regret I had the answer that I was working bad and to read some tutorials.
Following models are results on gh5/gx9 on preview reconstruction mode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.